What do you do when you get in an accident?
Here are the steps:
1. If possible, move all involved vehicles off the roadway.
2. Call 911 if assistance is needed.
3. Do not make a statement regarding the accident except to local authorities or your company representative.
4. Obtain the name, address, phone number and email address of each driver, all passengers, and all witnesses.
5. Obtain the name of the insurance company and policy number for each vehicle involved.
6. Note the vehicle license number, cell or home phone numbers of the person involved in the accident and any special weather conditions or circumstances.
7. If you have a camera or smartphone with a camera, take clear photos of:
a. The accident scene, including all cars involved and the damage to those vehicles
b. Location identifiers such as cross streets or exit numbers
c. The license plate(s) of vehicles involved
d. All identification cards and insurance cards
8. On your insurance card is a phone number for claims. Call and report your claim. Also call your agent. Let them know what's going on so they can assist with the process.
300 4th Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Click Here to Email Us